Avoid Warnings and/or Trademark Violations At MycroBurst
We expect all of our designers to submit original design work only.
Unfortunately some don't, thus breaking the rules of MycroBurst. To be sure that our website is fair to each designer and Project Holder, we've put a warning and trademark violation system in place. Warnings and trademark violations could result in a designer being banned permanently from MycroBurst.
For more information about understanding warnings & designs with a trademark, click here.
Warnings at MycroBurst
Warnings could be issued to a designer for several reasons. Here are just two examples of issues that would call for a warning. Please note: The issuing of warnings is at the discretion of the MycroBurst Support Team. If you have questions about a warning, please contact our support department.
Designers that do the following will be issued a warning:
- Ignoring MycroBurst's rules & policies.
- Creating a derivative design, based off another designer's design. Even after a PH asks you to do so, you are still held responsible. Reusing your own design that had previously won is also not allowed. Once you won, you gave up your rights to all parts of that design
- Using foul language or abusive context with either other designers or contest holders. Your comments will be deleted and you will receive a warning.
- Creating a fake trademark report.
- Using the wrong software and/or applications.
- Advertising for your business and/or freelance work.
- Submitting one design to multiple contests.
Warnings are notated on a designer's profile. Keep reading to see how warnings could lead to a suspension or a permanent ban from MycroBurst.
Trademark Violations at MycroBurst
A trademark violation is not only a severe issue at MycroBurst, but it's also a federal offense. Please watch our video on trademark and copyright infringement for more detailed information.
The trademark violation system is similar to the warning system, as it will show up on a designer's public profile. Be careful and thorough to be sure you are not infringing on an existing trademark.
What happens when a derivative version of a design that has a trademark is found on MycroBurst?
- If the derivative version is uploaded and found during an active contest the draft will be removed and the designer will receive a trademark violation.
- If the derivative draft is found after a contest is finalized, there are several steps taken:
- MycroBurst will suggest to the Project Holder to change aspects of the design, select a different design or we will extend the contest for free.
- The designer that had uploaded the derivative draft will receive a trademark violation.
Suspending & Banning Designers
The staff at MycroBurst works hard to guarantee that all of our designers and Project Holders are protected. Thus, at times, MycroBurst is faced with no other option but to suspend and/or ban a designer.
MycroBurst will take the following repercussions:
- Designer has received 3 warnings. They will be suspended for 3-7 days and this could result in a permanent ban.
- A designer receives 1 trademark violation and has 10 or more current wins, the designer will be suspended for 3-7 days.
- If the designer has less than 10 current wins, the designer will be banned
- A designer receives 2 trademark violations. This designer will be banned permanently.
- A designer has 2 warnings and 2 trademark violation. This designer will be banned permanently.
Removing Warnings and/or Trademark Violations
We understand that mistakes can happen. Thus, we have a forgiveness policy for those with warnings or trademark violations.
If a designer receives a trademark violation or warning point, one of these violations can be removed once 10 contests contests (starting when the violation was applied) have been won. Only contests after the receipt of the violation will be counted. This new policy only applies to violations on and after June 28th Read more here.
Please note: In order to limit the amount of designs reported as a result of trolling, we have a new term. You must report designs within 3-7 days after finalization of the contest it was entered in. After that timeframe, reports will not be considered.
If you have any questions about a warning or trademark violation you may have received, please contact our support team. You can reach them via phone at (877) 525-5646 or via email at support@MycroBurst.com.